Sunday 24 March 2013

Answer To A Prayer

She's coming home. She told me a few weeks ago but I haven't actually written those words until now just because it hasn't quite felt real. She's coming home, guys. She told me all along that she'll come home to me and she kept her promise. It won't be until July because she's determined to finish basic training as a challenge to herself, but after that she's going to hand in her resignation.

She's coming home and I'm just so overwhelmed I can't even describe how I'm feeling. Eternally grateful that I have someone that loves me that much to come home to me. Loved and able to love her. Excited for all the future adventures we can plan. Impatient that July isn't here already. A tiny bit anxious that she won't be able to come home for some reason in the future and wanting her to come home now, but the overwhelming feeling is gratitude. Towards her, towards the universe. Towards whatever fucked up plan is in motion that means these six months will be plugged into some story that I have no idea what the ending is.

But she's coming home, guys. She's coming home. Those words have never been sweeter.

Edit: God I am so sappy right now, I'm actually making myself nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment