Sunday 24 March 2013

The Second Time She Came Home

The first time she came home we went down south to pick her up, it was only a three hour drive but it was the most amazing thing to have her back in my arms. But I think it's the second weekend that she came home that I remember the most vividly.

It was the weekend of our eighteen month anniversary (not really an anniversary I know, but shut up okay!) and her division had duty, but she swapped her shift in Saturday with a co-worker and got her leave approved to come back up for the weekend. We had a friend's birthday dinner that evening by coincidence and so I went to pick her up from the train station.
I wasn't even that much more excited to see her than I had been the week before. The week before I think I was ridiculously nervous about seeing her again which kind of overrode the excitement. It's bizarre that the two reactions have pretty much identical physiological symptoms but are so different cognitively. Either way, I was excited to see her the second time but it wasn't overwhelming.

But when I first caught sight of her on the other side of the train barrier, my heart jumped into my throat. I knew that she was the girl I wanted to be with for the rest of my life, just that glimpse of her. She didn't have any makeup on and was wearing her ridiculously formal clothing that she has to leave her base in, but she took my breath away. Kissing her right then was almost like kissing her for the first time all over again. She was one of the first girls I ever kissed so it was an intensity that was hard to beat, but damn we beat it that day.

That night we barely left each other alone. She kept holding my hand really close to her body so I couldn't move far from her, and kept staring at me like she does. I couldn't stop grinning and it was so amazing to have her with me, amongst all our friends again. Everything felt right again. And just seeing her for that second time, across the other side of the train station, my heart going crazy, I knew this was the real deal. And guys (if you haven't already heard), she's coming home! I cannot wait until July. Guess I have a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience being a military wife for a whole six months, then she comes home! Squee!

Okay, my posts are getting ridiculously sappy, I apologise. I'll blog a post about our anniversary present to each other in the next few days if I get around to it... a strap-on. And I'm fully of the opinion that two girls do not need anything remotely phallic to have an amazing sex life, but you definitely just get a huge kick out of being able to do things to your lady hands-free with your hips and something deep inside her that you just cannot get any other way! Promise I'll post it up soon to make up for my current nauseating mood.

1 comment:

  1. I smiled so hard and almost started crying. I just discovered your blog and I haven't stopped reading it. I hope you keep posting stuff. Your entry on how to tell if a woman is gay or not was very helpful to those just coming out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete